Thursday, December 9, 2010

Harold And Kumar Guantanamo Bottom

True or reactionary?

The German language ... I like it! Somehow. :)

However, sometimes when I read or hear It runs shivers down my spine. Either because it is used incorrectly. But sometimes I have to defend myself also vehemently against the grammar. A very ambiguous thing.
I mean, we are talking now not today have done just as the earlier Luther and Goethe. Since a lot has changed, not only words and Rchtschreibung. Language change is called, and that's a good thing. A living language is shaped by those who speak it, and not only by rules that were once established.
BUT: one can influence. Defend against what it is? What mistakes will always be correct and correct it?

An 2 examples, I would like to illustrate the times, I like it because it:

one hand, the imperative.
have I now very often heard and read how there instead of the actual form of the verb stem is simply indicative of the use. And each time pull him my shoulder blades together at the back. Since
sings a Phil Poisel (otherwise I like him very much) so the radio: "Throw yourself into any character!" As one of the chief
says: "Give me the times over!" or "take my time off!"
As you read in ads: "Meeting up with friends!" And everything in me screams
: NO! Throw! Give! Take it! Meet!

other hand, "while + genitive.
should actually read: While
of eating ... While watching TV ... While dancing ... As you pour ...
And every time I say that, it seems to me that would fight back as my tongue in your mouth about it. During the meal. While the television. While the dancing. During the pouring. It seems much easier on the lips, and I would prefer it fully when speaking.

At this point I am very happy that I am not a teacher and are therefore the responsibility would be: what do I correct my students, what does not. Generally, I think
that it is important to know the really correct forms (in order to use it primarily in master's theses can), but as in "while" - I am also aware of the case would decide the other hand, in everyday life.

Is it now too easy to write one to do the language change, while the other does not give that position? Or is it simply luxury problem, because in no case should show up communication problems?

language itself is by no means individually ... Sense of language there is.
And I enjoy the privilege of literature, too often simply can stand above all rule. In the end, is it just a stylistic device that is used there. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment